Help Wild Salmon
Be a Salmon Hero
Salmon-Safe's top ten ways you can take action and be a salmon hero!
- Take action through Pacific Rivers Council, Trout Unlimited, Save our Wild Salmon and many other advocacy organizations working to protect wild salmon.
- Choose wild salmon rather than farmed www.montereybayaquarium.org
- Go pesticide–free in your lawn and garden www.beyondpesticides.org
- Vote with your fork by choosing Salmon-Safe, local, organic, fair trade & Food Alliance www.organicconsumers.org
- Vote environment by supporting candidates who support free flowing rivers and wild fish www.lcv.org
- Turn off the lights and reduce energy consumption that imperils Columbia River salmon www.wildsalmon.org
- Drive less since copper in car brake pads endangers fish salmon www.pugetsoundpartnership.com
- Flame resistant salmon? Avoid clothing and household products containing flame retardants www.nwfsc.noaa.gov
- Make healthy choices for cleaning by using natural products www.oeconline.org
- Restore salmon nation by replacing non-native plants with natives, installing rainwater harvesting systems, and reducing impermeable surfaces www.salmonnation.com